The Vario is a commercial grinder with 54mm ceramic flat burrs with a throughput of 1.9 grams per second and an innovative, macro/micro grind adjustment with 230 settings. The sleek contemporary design, small footprint, and adjustability for any style of coffee also make it perfect as a home grinder.
Mahlkönig 54mm Ceramic Flat Burrs
- Stay sharper longer. Ceramic has a 1.5 -2.0X longer life than steel burrs.
- Keeps the coffee cool by limiting the amount of heat transferred from the burrs to the grinds.
Grind on Demand with Electronic Dosing
- Grinds only the coffee you require for each shot directly into your espresso portafilter.
- Eliminates the risk of stale ground coffee common in mechanical dosing units.
- 0.1 second adjustable steps (0.2 grams )
- Three, user programmable grind time buttons
Innovative Dual Cam Grind Adjustment
- The right hand lever allows the user to choose what type of grind you’d like.
- The lever on the left allows the user to fine tune the for a perfect grind.
- Over 230 possible grind settings.
- Universally adjustable brackets for any portafilter.
- Allows for hands-free operation.
- Super quiet operation using belt drive.
- Powerful DC motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits extended grinding time.
- Equipped with an automatic reset thermal switch.
- In the box: Grinder, Hopper, Lid, Grounds bin, PortaHolder, and Instruction manual.
- Complete down loadable PDF User Manual PDF User Manual
On the other hand the Vario-W grinder has all of the exact same features of the original Vario: macro/micro adjustment, 54 mm ceramic flat burrs, operational panel, three dosage buttons, and broad range of grind. However, the focus of this machine is weight-based dosing instead of time-based dosing. To incorporate this, Baratza changed the size and the handle of the bin, so to leave some open gaps on the sides. There's also a built-in scale sensor bar on the bottom which the bin slides on to. By floating the bin over the sensor bar, the Vario-W can give you the proper ground coffee weight needed. Because of the focus on weight-based dosing, the Vario-W is unable to operate with a porta-holder and doesn't have any timer technology in its programming. Baratza wanted to create a great weight-based grinder, thus giving you better coffee. With the Vario-W Baratza Coffee Grinder, you no longer have to manually pre-weigh your coffee beans. After dialing in, you will get the same exact dosing, giving you more cups per pound brewed than with any other grinder. This is a machine well-suited for the commercial environment, reducing your labor time while increasing the accuracy of shots. In the home environment, this grinder is perfect both for the coffee aficionado or the regular coffee drinker, thanks to its precision in weight-based technology and its programmable dosage buttons.
Dimensions: 4.5" Wide x 7.25" Deep x 14.5" High
Warranty: One year parts and labor provided by Baratza.
(Free shipping in the 48 continental United States)