The Vivaldi II by La Spaziale is built so well that it comes with a TWO YEAR parts & labor warranty.
Given their experience with the Vivaldi I, Chris' Coffee Service sat down with La Spaziale and presented them with customers' wish lists for the next generation. The end result; the Vivaldi II. Since its arrival to the market in 2006, over 2,000 units have been sold. The Vivaldi II was awarded the Coffeegeek Editors Choice Award for Best New Product in 2006. In 2008 additional upgrades were requested by Chris' Coffee including a Programmable Off-set Differential, Programmable Passive Pre-Infusion, and a new optional steam tip with smaller .9 mm holes.
Details of the latest upgrades:
Programmable Passive Pre-Infusion
- Gives the user the capability to program Passive Pre-Infusion anywhere from 1 to 8 seconds. This is the same type of pre-infusion used on some of the most expensive machines on the market. It differs from pre infusion on an E61 machine in so much as the user controls the time of the pre-infusion as well as the amount of water pre-infused with. A barista has no control of the pre-infusion on an E61 Group. With the Vivaldi II, the user can set this for what works best for his coffee and tastes. Once adjusted to its preferred setting, nothing more than pressing the brew button to begin the cycle is required.
Programmable Off-Set Differential
- This makes the LED temperature setting on the front of the machine equal to the temperature being delivered at the group rather than the temperature inside the group boiler. Note: It is set during the bench test of each machine prior to shipping so that the customer doesn't have to invest in the expensive equipment necessary to perform the tests and setting.
- It is no longer necessary to purchase a separate portafilter with a pressure gauge to check or make adjustments to the pump's output pressure.
- There is cord a within the Vivaldi II to accept an OPTIONAL 7 day programmable timer plug. This feature allows the user to set different times to have the machine come on and go off on different days.
New option available, .9mm 4 hole steam tip
- This New .9mm 4 hole steam tip makes this machine one of the easiest to produce excellent micro-foam fast and easy even with small quantities of milk.
An Optional Drain Kits
- This optional drain kit gives the user a no hassel and easy maintenance experience when using their Vivaldi II instead of having to worry about emptying the drip tray.
- The previous model needed to detect a temperature drop of one degree Celsius before the heater would activate. The NEW Vivaldi II activates the heater with the detection of a temperature drop of just one half of a degree Celsius. Simply put, it makes the temperature accuracy extremly precise in the group boiler and enhances the performance of the steam boiler.
Updated temperature sensing probe
- The new probe is physically submerged into the boilers. This probe has proven to be more reliable than the previous style and has a quicker reaction time.
New LED display
- The previous display was 5 degree increments, from 85 to 120 degrees Celsius. The NEW Vivaldi II displays in 1 degree increments, from 91 to 97 degrees Celsius.
91C = 195.8F
92C = 197.6F
93C = 199.4F
94C = 201.2F
95C = 203.0F
96C = 204.8F
97C = 206.6F
Want to see what Vivaldi owners have to say about their machine? Click Here to read what real buyers like yourself have to say about the Vivaldi.
Dimensions are: 16.5" Deep x 16.5" Wide x 15.25 High
You also get peace of mind know that all warranty work is handled by Chris' Coffee Service, Inc., the direct master importer, through Benfatto Coffee, with a staff of factory trained technicians that have over 100 years combined experience servicing all makes and models of commercial espresso machines. They are not only here to service machines but are available to take your phone calls to answer any questions you may have.
Do you want to learn more? Read Home-Barista.com's Buyer's Guide featuring the La Spaziale Vivaldi I. The guide will help you understand, appreciate, and visualize what it would be like to welcome one of these beauties into your home. The article will focus on the practical aspects of espresso-making and on answering your "real world" questions so you can make an informed decision that you will be comfortable with. Read more...
Keep in mind when reading this review that it was done on the original Vivaldi I in 2005.
To get yet another look at the Vivaldi II, customers can read about all the upgrades to the original Vivaldi I, view several close up images of the inside, and read the forums.Click Here These forums are written by real buyers like yourself. You can read about upgrades and service issues customers had with their machines. Most importantly you will read about how their service issues were handled and resolved to their satisfaction by the terrific service department at Chris' Coffee Service. Note that Benfatto Coffee is a hand-picked Chris' Coffee Service distributor and offers technical support and warranty work directly from Chris' Coffee Service technical department.
Warranty: Two years parts & labor.
(Free shipping in the 48 continental United States)
For those of you who are uncertain if you have a 15 amp or 20 amp receptacle please look at the image below. If you have ANY questions please feel free to call us prior to making a purchase. We are here to help.
Before finalizing your purchase, please call us at 908-442-6515 to allow us the opportunity to make sure you've selected the machine and options that best meet your needs and budget.
Two Years Parts & Labor provided by Benfatto Coffee.
*** Note: equipment failure caused by scale or lime build-up is NOT covered under warranty. Customers are urged to take necessary measures to remove harmful magnesium, calcium, and sediment from the water source supplied to the equipment in question.***
Posted by Jonathan on 14th Dec 2012
The La Spaziale's extraction is great. It really produces a beautiful coffee. Make sure you have a good grinder to complement. This machine is very cool as it is dual boiler and has a digital thermal probe, making it accurate to 1 degree Celsius.