Returns PolicyFree Shipping Free shipping is offered ONLY in the 48 Continental United States. Any additional government taxes, duties, or fees assessed to a purchase after checkout from www.benfattocoffee.com/shoppingcart is complete are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
Returning New Machines
You may return new consumer machines (machines listed under "Home Espresso Machines" only) & new grinders purchased from benfattocoffee.com within 30 days of delivery for a full refund (minus the cost of shipping to you and back to us for return) with a valid Return Authorization ONLY. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
Returning Used Machines
You may return your used or refurbished consumer espresso machine (machines listed under "Hot Deals: Refurbished/Used Equipment" only) with a valid Return Authorization ONLY or used grinder purchased from benfattocoffee.com within 15 days of delivery for a full refund.
Non-returnable Items Include
- Commercial Espresso Machines (Any machines found under "Commercial Espresso Machines")
- Commercial Coffee Brewers
- Cups & accessories
- Consumable products, i.e. coffee, tea, syrups, etc.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your return Authorization Number and refund once we've received & processed the returned item. We will contact you and provide additional details regarding the preparation of your return, including packaging and machine preparation. The Return Authorization number must be visible on the outside of the returned shipping carton.
*No returns will be accepted without a valid Authorization Number issued by Benfatto Coffee. No exceptions will be made.*
Upon Receiving Merchandise
At Benfatto Coffee, we invest the necessary time to ensure that your equipment arrives safely and in good working order, so most equipment is bench tested by our technicians before shipment. We also use quality packing materials, and use double boxing when necessary.
We advise you to inspect your purchase when it first arrives for damage during shipment.
Please inspect your package when you receive it from UPS. If there is evidence of exterior damage to the shipping carton and the delivery person is present, ask them to note it on their delivery manifest and request a damage claim form. Should it be necessary for you to submit a damage claim the notation on the manifest may prove to be very helpful. If you find that your machine is damaged from shipping, please call UPS at 1-800-742-5877 to report the damage. You must also contact us within 5 business days. Make sure that you keep all packaging (boxes, shipping labels, packing material, etc.) as UPS will need to inspect not only the machine but the packaging as well. UPS terms and conditions Click Here. Once we receive a claim number from UPS, we will be more than happy to take care of the problem to your satisfaction.
Please note the following:
- Grinders are often tested by the manufacturer before leaving the factory. Some traces of coffee grinds are normal and does not mean the machine is used or a returned item.
- Some minor water splashes may occur during our bench testing. Unless otherwise stated (next-to-new or refurbished), all purchases at Benfatto Coffee are new from the manufacturer.
Your responsibilities when returning merchandise
Below are some important points to remember when preparing a return.
- To protect your right to file a damage claim, you are responsible for shipping merchandise back to us. We do not issue call tags since that would make us the responsible shipper.
- You must properly drain the water from the machine before packing. We will include instructions along with your Return Authorization number. If you have questions, please call our service department for assistance.
- You pay the cost of shipping it back to us. We will reimburse this cost for warranty repairs in the first 30 days from the date of receipt.
Note: The amount we will reimburse you, will not exceed the published cost of shipping at www.ups.com for ground service. UPS Stores will charge you a premium for packaging and handling that we will not reimburse you for. Expedited shipping costs above those for UPS Ground, such as UPS Next Day Air, will not be reimbursed either.
- Save the packing material and its original carton(s)! We take great care to package your purchase properly, please reuse them in the event it is necessary to ship your machine back to us.
Merchandise is inspected when it is received to verify:
- All original items are included (manuals, packing material, accessories, etc.).
- The equipment is clean and still in "like new condition with no sign of abuse, misuse, missing parts, or missing manuals, etc.
We reserve the right to charge a 20% restocking fee if the above conditions are not met. The cost of any promotional and/or included products (such as coffee, for example) will also be deducted from you original purchase price.
We can ship to virtually any address in the continental United States. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.